Adding hardwood flooring to your home is guaranteed to increase its value, it’s a worthwhile long-term investment that will be loved by your family for many years after installation. Barmore Flooring and Design is Flagstaff’s premier local hardwood flooring supplier. We have a variety of hardwoods to choose from including hickory, maple, birch, oak, bamboo, cork, acacia, walnut, cherry and many more.
Is Hardwood Flooring Right For You?
- Versatility: There are many different wood types and sizes to choose from (like red oak, cherry, walnut, maple, ash, and so many more), so you’ll be sure to find one that works with the climate of your home and with your personal style.
- Value: Home buyers will pay more for homes with hardwood floors because they consider it an upgrade. Hardwood floors are durable, stylish, and can last for years, when properly maintained.
- Sustainability: Wood flooring production requires fewer natural resources than other flooring options and is a long-term investment, so you’ll be replacing your flooring less often. Wood flooring is also hypoallergenic and contributes to better air quality in your home.
- Maintenance: You may have heard that it’s too dry for hardwood in Arizona, while it doesn’t apply to all wood types, there are certainly some wood options that performs better in our dry Flagstaff and Northern Arizona conditions, and we can help you make the right choice for the climate.
- Surface Blemishes: Hardwood may not be the right choice in areas of your home with high traffic. The good news is that you can repair hardwood by sanding and refinishing flooring to remove scratches that happen over time.
Choosing the Right Hardwood
Hickory is one of the most durable wood options, so it’s a great choice for homes with more activity or in high traffic areas of a home.
Birch is a versatile wood that comes in many different color variations and species, so you can find the perfect match for your home.
Maple blends beautifully with modern decor, while its not as hard as hickory, its durability makes it a great choice for your home’s traffic areas.
Oak flooring is beautiful and a very popular choice. Its stability makes it a good choice in areas with temperature variations and humidity.
How to Take Care of Hardwood Flooring
Tread Lightly: Avoid dragging heavy furniture across your wood floors. Wood can scratch, so be gentle to protect your long-term investment.
Keep it Clean: Dust and debris can cause minor scratches or remove your floor’s finish, so we recommend sweeping with a microfibre mop regularly to remove the pet dander and dust that can gather on your floor.
Keep it Cool: Huge temperature fluctuations with high heat and humidity can cause your floor to crown, which is when the center of the board is higher than the edges. Review the manufacturers warranty for temperature recommendations.